The Rolair VT25BIG 2.5 HP Wheeled Compressor is one of the biggest competitors on the market. It is easy to move around, compact air compressor and has an outstanding air delivery rate enough to power almost any air tool. Rolair is one of the brands, which deliver very high quality air compressors and the Rolair VT25BIG is no exception. Let’s go through the tech specs and features of this great little machine.
- Model – Rolair VT25BIG
- Power Source – AC electric, 15 amp
- Motor Power – 2.5 horsepower
- Motor Speed – 3400 RPM
- Max Air Pressure – 135 PSI
- Output at 90 PSI – 6.5 CFM
- Lubrication: Oil Splash, 10 ounce capacity
- Tank Capacity – 5.3 gallons
- Noise Rating: 86 dBA
- Dimensions: 29″ x 22″ x 44″
- Weight: 108 pounds
- Overload protection with manual reset
- 100% Duty Cycle
- Two Quick-Disconnect Couplers
- Safety-Relief Valve
- Intake Filter Silencer
- Foldable handle
- Cord wrap
Main features of Rolair VT25BIG 2.5 HP Wheeled Compressor
- Motor power – the 2.5 horsepower motor is powerful enough to deliver the outstanding 6.5 CFM at 90 PSI, which allows you working with air tools which require continuous air flow. It also allows for quick fill of the tank, reaching the maximum pressure of 135 PSI in just over a minute. The speed the motor operates is at 3400 RPM, a remarkable value, which can make it a bit louder though.
- Tank capacity – the 5.3 gallon is a fair size even for professional use. Another plus here is that it is made out of cast iron, which helps the durability and long lifespan of the air compressor as whole.
- 100% duty cycle – the 100% duty cycle allows you to run the air compressor non-stop. You do not have to wait and it will not switch off and the best part is that the continuous use is not affecting your warranty.
- Lubrication – the Rolair VT25BIG is an oil-splash type of air compressor. It comes with a 10 ounce bottle of oil, which you need to fill the oil tank with before you start the air compressor. The fact that the Rolair VT25BIG is an oil-splash model is great as it expands the unit’s lifespan and still doesn’t require a lot of maintenance.
- Portability – the Rolair VT25BIG weighs 108 lbs. You already can imagine that this is quite heavy, but here the heavy weight is balanced with a great set of pneumatic tires and a foldable handle. You will be able to pull it around with ease and you even won’t notice the weight.
- Noise level – the Rolair VT25BIG operates at 86 dBA. Definitely not the quietest air compressor, but still nothing that would get you a headache. As we have already mentioned the powerful motor runs at 3400 RPM which doesn’t help for quiet operation. If you are to use the air compressor outdoors, you will have no issues with the noise, but indoors you will have to wear ear protection for sure.
- Two Quick-Disconnect Couplers – great feature, especially when you have a rating of 6.5 CFM at 90 PSI. You can easily hook up two nailers or staplers without worrying that they can get ahead of the air delivery.
- Foldable handle – the Rolair VT25BIG is equipped with this foldable handle which makes it easier to store and even more compact that what it is. It is also protected by a roll cage made out of cast iron.
PROS for Rolair VT25BIG 2.5 HP Wheeled Compressor
- Great output with good size tank
- Strong build
- Long lifespan due to the oil-splash type of pump
- 100% duty cycle
- Portable air compressor
CONS for Rolair VT25BIG 2.5 HP Wheeled Compressor
- Made in Taiwan – for some this might be a drawback, however the quality of the Rolair VT25BIG is very high and it is a unit to be trusted.
- The manual is not clear about the break in procedure. Here is a quick tip: Fill the oil tank with the oil which you will find in the box with the air compressor. Make sure the drain valve is open and run the air compressor for at least 15 minutes. Let it cool down and run once more with the drain valve open. After you have followed the break in procedure you can close the drain valve and let your air compressor reach maximum pressure.
- The oil indicator glass is not protected, however as a roll cage wraps the unit, this shouldn’t be a big issue
The Rolair VT25BIG is definitely an air compressor to be considered. The build quality is remarkable and the design is well-thought. The unit is compact, well protected and besides the heavy weight it is easy to move around. The performance is great and the Rolair VT25BIG proves to be a unit which can be used by professionals. The 100% duty cycle and the oil-splash type of pump will ensure 5000+ hours of operation and make your investment completely worthwhile.