The PORTER-CABLE C2002 is an easy to use, transport and store pancake air compressor with low profile design. It also requires very little maintenance and delivers excellent performance. It is a little versatile helper, which makes it ideal for any home DIY projects or small construction jobs. Let’s dig deeper into its technical specifications and features!
Technical specifications of the PORTER-CABLE C2002 Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor
- Model – PORTER-CABLE C2002
- Origin – USA
- Maximum Pressure – 150 PSI
- Running Horsepower – 0.8 HP
- Tank Size – 6 Gallon
- Pump – Oil-free pump
- Output at 40 PSI – 3.5 SCFM
- Output at 90 PSI – 2.6 SCFM
- Voltage – 120 V
- Power Source – Electric
- Amperage Capacity – 10 Amps
- Gauges – x2 (1 indicating outlet pressure and 1 indicating stored pressure)
- Pressure regulator
- Drain valve and rubber feet
- Quick Connectors – x2
- Noise level – 82 dBA
- Product Weight – 30 lbs
- Dimension – 19 x 19 x 18 inches
Main features of the PORTER-CABLE air Compressor
- Portability – The PORTER-CABLE C2002 weighs only 32 lbs making it easy to move around and with its compact tank doesn’t take a lot of storage space. The unit is ideal if you want to put it in the trunk of your car or carry it in a boat. It also has an upgraded shroud with good grip handle, which not only protects the unit’s most important parts, but also makes the pancake air compressor even easier to carry around.
- Low maintenance – The PORTER-CABLE C2002 has an easy to use drain valve, so you can keep your tank moist-free. This is the only thing you need to do in regards of maintenance, as the pump the PORTER-CABLE C2002 is equipped with is an oil-free one.
- 6 Gallons tank– This is a fair size of tank for a portable air compressor. It is made out of steel, which ensures its durability.
- 150 PSI maximum pressure – it takes about 2 minutes for the air compressor to get to 150 PSI from empty. The cut in pressure is at 120 PSI and it also comes with a pressure regulator, so you can dial the needed pressure and preventing you from large pressure drops.
- 0.8 HP motor – The PORTER-CABLE C2002 doesn’t have the most powerful motor, but it is sufficient enough for fast recovery time and to deliver air flow to support big tires inflation, multiple trim finishing nailers and some small air tools requiring continuous air flow. The motor is also designed for soft start in cold weather.
- Low Amp Draw – The PORTER-CABLE C2002 can be plugged into any standard 120V outlet and with an amperage draw of 10 Amps it will not cause the breakers to trip.
- Noise level – The PORTER-CABLE C2002 is not the quietest air compressor that you can find on the market. It is operating at 82 dBA, which is no more than the average for air compressors. You can safely use it indoors or in residential areas where noise might be an issue.
- Dual outlet – The PORTER-CABLE C2002 comes with a dual outlet. This gives users the convenience of connecting two air tools to the air compressor at the same time.
PORTER-CABLE C2002 Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor PROS
- Highly portable – the unit is very lightweight, compact and also has a good grip handle
- Low maintenance
- Strong build and great air delivery performance
- Good size tank and fast recovery time
- User-friendly – easy to read gauges and a large regulator
- Two quick connectors
- Low Amperage Draw and easy start in cold weather
- Fairly quiet operation
PORTER-CABLE C2002 Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor CONS
- 50% duty cycle – this means that your pancake air compressor “needs a break”. You can use it for 30 minutes in an hour.
- The drain valve might fail
There are not any serious drawbacks for the PORTER-CABLE C2002. The model is well thought and well executed. The pancake air compressors are usually aimed for home use and this little guy will be a great helper for any tasks you might need it at home. It will easily support air tools requiring short bursts of air and cope with inflating big sized tires. The tank is made out of high quality steel and the whole unit is protected by a shroud. Apart from all that, the PORTER-CABLE C2002 is lightweight and compact. It is fairly quiet while operating and what is also great that it has two quick-connect couplers. If you do not disregard the 50% duty cycle and you are using it with tools which match the air compressor air delivery capability, you will definitely be over the moon with your unit. The price is quite affordable and the PORTER-CABLE C2002 is completely worth the investment.