The Makita Mac2400 air compressor is a solution for anyone looking for an air compressor that has both quality and power. The unit is armoured with a quality steel construction and a powerful 2.5 HP 4-Pole motor. Although it is not a tight fit for heavy-duty industrial work, it will definitely be able to withstand most of the light to medium tasks, from nailing and stapling, to carpentry and roofing. Read on to learn more about the unit.
Technical specifications of the Makita Mac2400:
- Model – Makita Mac2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor
- Origin – Japan and Taiwan
- Maximum Pressure – 130 PSI
- Running Horsepower – 2.5 HP
- Tank Size – 4.2 Gallon twin-staked
- Pump – Oil-lubricated pump
- Output at 40 PSI – 4.8 SCFM
- Output at 90 PSI – 4.2 SCFM
- Voltage – 120 V
- Power Source – Electric
- Amperage Capacity – 12.3 A
- Product Weight – 77 lbs
- Dimension – 20 inches (height) x 18 inches (width) x 18.8 inches (depth)
Main features of the Makita 2400 Air Compressor :
- High quality construction – The Makita 2400 air compressor is built from quality steel with parts made from cast iron. Hence, it will certainly be more durable compared to the ones built from plastic.
- Dual outlet – The Makita model Mac2400 comes with a dual outlet. This allows users to easily connect two air tools to the air compressor at the same time.
- Automotive grade air filter – The machine is fitted with a large air filter of the automotive grade that allows increase in the air intake.
- Big Bore cylinder – The Makita Mac2400 comes with a Big Bore cylinder which gives it the ability to perform well by being able to recover faster.
The PROS of the Makita Mac2400 Compressor :
- Strong build – Makita has been producing quality tools and machines for ages, and this continues with the Makita model Mac 2400 air compressor as well. Overall, this unit is built with strong quality materials. Unlike many other air compressors that are mostly constructed from plastic parts, the overall construction of this unit is from quality steel. For instance, the pump is made from cast iron. Relatively, an air compressor built this way will be able to last longer.
- Protective roll-cage – Besides being built from quality steel, the Mac2400 compressor comes fitted with a metal roll-cage. With the presence of a metal roll-cage, the unit is protected against any damage in case of a knock or a fall.
- Powerful motor – With its 2.5 HP motor the Makita Mac2400 is capable to deliver the impressive 4.2 CFM at 90 PSI, which cover the requirements not only for tolls working with short bursts of air, but to some of them which work with continuous air flow.
- Quiet operation – The Makita Mac2400 is an oil-lubricated air compressor. Being oil-lubricated, the machine produces very little sound (79 dB) during operations. Although it is not under the ultra quiet air compressor category, it does not produce more noise than the sound of a normal conversation. Hence, you will be able to run the machine indoors without having much complaints.
- Long lifespan – Most oil-lubricated units are known to last longer, compared to the oil-less ones. In addition to reducing noise, the oil lubrication on this unit will also improve the machine’s durability and extend its lifespan.
- 2 Hose connectors – This unit also comes with two hose outlets. The dual outlets allow users to fix two items to the hose and use them at the same time. This will be quite convenient for those who wish to run two tools at the same time. However, it is important to keep in mind that running two tools at the same time will not give you maximum efficiency on each tool.
- Air Filter – The Makita air compressor Mac2400 is fitted with a large automotive grade air filter. This allows the machine to take in more air which will eventually improve its efficiency during operations.
- Stable – Thanks to its heavy weight, the Makita Mac2400 is a very stable unit. It does not lose its stability easily during operations.
- Price – Adding to its numerous good sides, the price of the Makita air compressor Mac2400 is considerably fair, especially for a machine built from quality steel.
The CONS of the Makita Mac2400 Air Compressor :
Being a product of Makita, the Makita Mac 2400 air compressor is undoubtedly beneficial. However, it does have a few minor drawbacks.
> Heavy wight – We know that the Mac2400 compressor is made from steel. Hence, the major drawback of this unit is that it is not lightweight and is quite heavy for its size. Weighing at 77 pounds, the machine will not allow easy portability. Moreover, the machine does not come with fitted wheels, but it does have a rubber handle for a better grip when you need to move it. The Makita Mac2400 is not suitable air compressor for those looking for a portable one, as in being able to easily move it around or take it wherever you go.
> Maintenance required – Unlike many other maintenance-free air compressors, the Makita Mac2400 requires maintenance, although not much. If you intend to purchase one of this units, keep in mind that this unit is oil-lubricated and you will need to change its oil from time to time.
Besides, just like every other air compressor, you will need to drain the tank completely after every use, as moisture remaining in the tank can lead to corrosion of the unit and shorten its lifespan. To make this process easier, the Makita Mac2400 compressor has a drain system with a lever handled ball valve, to allow easy drainage of excess air.
> No accessories – It is not surprising that the unit does not come with extra accessories. Most compressors of similar grade does not. Hence, if you plan to purchase the unit, you will need to buy its accessories, such as hose and connectors, separately. Users will be able to get most of the accessories from hardware stores.
Overall, is the Makita Mac2400 air compressor worth the investment?
Although the Makita Mac2400 has its drawbacks, particularly on its weight and portability, it definitely would be a good buy for those looking for an air compressor that is good in both quality and power. The Mac2400 compressor is a durable, high powered air compressor with a quick recovery time and quality construction. Being considerably quiet for its size and capacity, the Makita Mac2400 air compressor is certainly worth every dollar!